MENTORSHIP & PORTFOLIO REVIEWS
Private sessions are ideal for those who need guidance with their photography. If you are working towards an exhibition of your work, or if you're in the beginning stages of developing a portfolio or exploring your creative voice, a mentoring session can help you take that next step with more confidence.
Often in photography education, technique and gear are emphasized over vision; Laura's primary focus is to reverse that tendency and prioritize inspiration and creative seeing. By exploring the photographic process through this lens, it is possible to create stronger and more personally meaningful work.
Mentoring sessions are flexible and are designed to best support each student's individual needs. Whether you are just starting out on your photographic path or looking for help reinvigorating your creative voice, focused one-on-one sessions can be helpful. Sessions are $200/hr. Students may also purchase a five-hour package for $925.
Please contact Laura for an initial conversation to discuss your artistic hopes and goals.
LAURA CAN WORK WITH YOU TO:
- clarify your photographic voice
- prepare for exhibiting or publishing your work
- edit your work into a stronger portfolio
- address weaknesses and highlight strengths in your work
- identify narrative threads in disparate bodies of work
- identify passions and artistic inspiration
- create an artistic plan for future growth
- find new direction for your creative process
- develop a personal project
- set photographic goals
- identify stumbling blocks and sources of inspiration
- create personally meaningful work
- develop intuition with photography